Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Please Come In.


The entry to your home is like meeting someone for the first time. Delight your guests with the unexpected!

This is the back door to my home and the area that sees the most foot traffic. What started as a basic mudroom has been converted to a space of serenity. A place to sit, remove your shoes (although not required) and let the days stresses be left behind. I found the old sauna bench at auction and it is expandable so it adapts to just about any width. A few boxes of slate tile were purchased and easily covered the old concrete floor. Styling it with my favorite coastal pieces was easy. I grabbed all my favorites...an oversized seahorse (scooped up at a great little boutique in Manhattan Beach, Ca.), framed sea fans and my best jute beach bag. The light pendant was a great little find at the Pottery Barn Outlet. I purchased the wicker shade for $1 and added a pendant light kit from Lowes for $7.99. The shade casts a soft ray over the space and of course it's on dimmer so I can always set the perfect amount of light needed for any time of the day.

Walking in to your home at the end of the day should put you at ease. It's a space most people don't think about styling, but when done with serenity in mind, will give you never ending joy...

...and remember, keep it simple, keep it beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I love this painting! The colors are rich and really tie my living room together. original canvas art
    It was beautiful, just as expected! It was even triple boxed to make sure it survived the delivery. canvas painting online

    ReplyDelete